General Summary or Job Objective:
Undertake and manage all the operational tasks associated with the event working effectively with a diverse range of individuals and groups to ensure the smooth running of the assigned event in line with INDEX Conferences & Exhibitions strategic plan, vision, mission, values goals and objectives.
- Supervisory Responsibilities; directly supervises its team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policy and procedures;
- Responsibilities include interviewing and hiring, (upon the approval from higher management), training employees; planning, assigning, appraising performance;
- Responsible for their respective project(s);
- Managing the daily operation of its respective Project(s);
- Leading and Managing team within its respective Project(s);
- Event planning;
- Oversees all logistics of the Event(s) handled;
- Managing and preparing departments’ budget annually and submit to the finance department, as well as retaining all related documentation of the entire affairs of its respective Project(s).
- To oversee the administrative requirements of the Department and managing the member’s day to day administrative issues and annual performance appraisal.
- Prepare plans and develop timetables with set deadlines in accordance with the project management process adopted by INDEX for the various event related activities;
- Execute and lead all assigned areas of project management activity;
- Lead the day-to-day management of the event;
- Interact closely and effectively with other departments and teams including the account manager, ensuring being briefed fully and correctly in all aspects;
- Interact closely and clearly with other team members to monitor the progress of these activities, and their completion;
- Assist other departments and teams to ensure the timely completion of these activities;
- Maintain an ongoing progress report and produce periodic status reports of the event;
- Manage all stakeholders’ expectations by communicating through meetings, verbal, written and email forms;
- Respond to requests from the client in an efficient and timely manner;
- Actively seek to increase the income generated by the event in conjunction with the account manager, closely monitoring and actively reducing expenses.
- Ensure the development and acquisitioning of new projects;
- Assist in strategy development for the event;
- Able to use own initiative in identifying, addressing and resolving day to day issues and challeng;
- Able to work appropriate hours to complete tasks and meet goals;
- Be the client advocate; ensure all issues and changes are met by the team;
- Perform other duties as may occur and as instructed by INDEX Management;
- Adhere to INDEX’s rules and regulations; written or implied and any changes or introductions, which may vary from time to time as deemed appropriate.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Business Management or any other related field.
- 5 years’ experience in Exhibition & Conferences in UAE.
- Minimum 3 years of team management experience.
- Must have a valid UAE driving license.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude in dealing with people.
- Fluency in both spoken and written Arabic and English.
- Absolute understanding of the sales process
- Project Management Skills
- Ability to lead the team and project
- Committed to teamwork and account results
- Passionate customer focused attitude
- Strong communication skills in all disciplines including written, oral, email and presenting
- Strong organizational skills
- A positive attitude to dealing with people
To apply send your CV to email@example.com