General Summary or Job Objective:
Responsible to the Chairman for directing a comprehensive program of internal auditing on all INDEX Holding’s member companies’ operations, planning and conducting financial, operational, and compliance audits to determine the adequacy of the holding’s systems of internal control and the degree of compliance with these controls; the economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of financial and administrative management; the degree of compliance with institutional policies and procedures as well as local laws and regulations; conducting special investigations as requested, and making recommendations for improved controls, operating procedures, accounting records, and systems designs; performing administrative and budgetary functions within the Unit of Internal Audit; interacting with high-level officers of the institution on matters of policies and procedures; and performing other related duties as assigned in line with INDEX Holding’s strategic plan, vision, mission, values goals and objectives.
- Work with the Director of Finance and Administration to plan and organize the activities of the internal audit unit this to include:
- Developing policies and procedures for the unit.
- Designing an annual audit plan or program to assess the effectiveness, efficiency and compliance of the various operations.
- Scheduling and assigning work to meet set scheduled dates.
- Estimating resource needs.
- Develop and update audit programs and checklists; plan and monitor audit work schedules; and develop and recommend implementation of processes, forms, systems, and procedures to carry out responsibilities and accomplish goals based on principles of best practices.
- Perform audits as per the scheduled annual audit plan and as per the set standards in all areas of the Member Companies of INDEX Holding.
- Identify and analyze causes of practices leading to inefficiencies in the performance of the companies.
- Assess alternatives based on best practices which yield the desired results.
- Present and report to the Chairman the findings and make recommendations based on best practices via standard reporting techniques, to resolve audit findings requiring corrective action.
- Follow up and monitor the progress of implementation of recommendations as approved by the Chairman as a result of the audit reports ensuring adequacy and timeliness of correction within the various departments and companies.
- Initiate, conduct and review year-end inventory balances at the various companies as well as occasional unannounced inventory audits.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain respectful and effective communications and relationships with management and staff of areas under review.
- Ensure that accepted accounting and audit principles and policies are followed, and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal accounting procedures, operating systems, IT systems, managerial processes and controls.
- Able to identify control and processes weaknesses, document main control points and provide evidential support based on best practices for report recommendations.
- Analyze operational and management processes and system controls’ effectiveness and efficiency in view to improve them and propose value-added recommendations based on best practices.
- Participate in the development of new processes to ensure that efficient and effective controls are incorporated.
- Ensure a good working relationship with external auditors.
- Review and report on the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of the financial and other information that is provided for management.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Chartered Accountant from a recognized institute.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as an Internal Auditor.
- Strong working knowledge of budgeting, Excel and financial modeling.
To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org